Windows 8.1 comes with deep Skydrive integration. But only works when you sign in with a Microsoft account. Like me many users don’t like to use Microsoft account. Microsoft also disabled desktop Skydrive app on windows 8.1. So installing it won’t give you access to skydrive. So after many internet research I have finally find a way to use Skydrive on local account on windows 8.1.
The trick is to map Skydrive as network drive. Here are the steps.
1. Open your browser and login to skydrive.
2. Right click on files on left side bar and copy link.
3. Paste it some where. It looks like this https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . Copy the cid.
4. Go to “This PC” and click Map network drive.
5. In folder box type https://d.docs.live.net/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Replace those x with your cid copied in step 3. Click finish.
6. Wait about 1-2 min. Now a popup windows will ask for your skydrive username and password. Provide it and wait 1-2 min again. Done.
You can now see skydive mapped to your computer and use it with your Windows 8.1 local account. Please post comments below.